Recently Apple has released iOS 7.1.2 update for remind the best features of iOS 7. However, this walk through the memory lane might not be as nice as you imagine as 7.1.2 has a lot of bugs and glitches. Although all the major bugs are fixed and users have successfully updated their devices, but many users are facing major freezing problems on their iPhones. Most complaints from customers that the upgrade to iPhone iOS 7.1.2 update that their devices got stuck at around 70% / 80% during the restart for about an hour. This has really come out as a major problem these days. Mostly iPhone users are facing this problem however, in some cases iPad users have also complained the same issue.
Fix Frozen iPhone / iPad with Hard Boot Procedure
If your iOS 7.1.2 update freezes, if your progress bar shows no progress, try to hard reset. A hard boot reportedly solves the problem of those facing this issue.
Steps to follow
- Press the Home button and the Sleep / Wake button as you would to take a screenshot, simply do not let go.
- Press and hold down until the screen turns off and then back on again with the Apple logo.
- When done, go to Settings> General> About and make sure you are on iOS 7.1.2.
- If not, repeat the upgrade process.
Fix Frozen iPhone using iTunes During iOS 7.1.2 Update
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable support.
- Wait until iTunes recognizes your iPhone.
- Select Restore iPhone button found in the Summary pane of iTunes.
After selecting the option, you are prompted to confirm by pressing Restore dialog box button. Thus the device is reset to factory settings.
After successful completion you will get a “Hello” screen on the device and from there you can either stuff as “Set up as new” or “Restore Backup”. Hence, you have successfully fixed the freezing issue of your iDevice during iOS 7.1.2 update following this guideline.
Fix iPhone Freeze Issue while Updating iOS 7.1.2 with OTA
You can also use the over-the-air update process for updating iOS 7.1.2 but you may encounter the same problem, but at the same time you’ll be glad to experience that there’s a relatively easy fix. You can download iOS 7.1.2 over the air by going to:
- Settings > General > Software Update
- Tap Download and Install.
Once the installation is complete, in normal case, your device should reboot with an updated iOS version. But in most of the cases, things are not as perfect as they need to be and many iPhone devices were reported to be frozen. Apple Support forum is full of such complaints but finding solution over there is slightly difficult as most of the people post about their own problems while searching for reply from Apple certified mods is relatively difficult. If you also find your device frozen follow the steps given below:
- Press home button and sleep / wake button simultaneously, wait for the Apple logo. (This process is similar to Hard reset given above)
- If the iPhone was just in need of a reboot, you are done. You can confirm it by going to Settings > General > About. If you find iOS 7.1.2 its confirmed that OTA update was successful.
- Repeat the above process for couple of times if device has not been updated.
- Despite several attempts if the process is still unsuccessful, then OTA update is not for your device. Simply follow the iTunes update method.