One gets too much troubled when something unexpected comes up all of a sudden and that’s where most of us think how bad this technology is Well certainly its not technology which is bad its that we have lot many things to learn. In our daily life we come across many technological troubles and with internet available today there is nothing you can not do if have will for that.
Few days back all of a sudden I also had one such incident when I thought that my iPad 2 can get faster if I reset it to factory defaults as lots of files and programs were making it too slow. Thinking of that I reset my iPad 2 and look what happened to my iPad 2, it took some time and then Apple Logo came on screen like its loading. I kept waiting for a few minutes, but the logo was still and then I thought it seems like it has stuck on boot.
I left my iPad 2 for more than 4 hours to see if it gets better, but nothing changed and Apple Logo was still there. Then as I have said earlier that if you have will to do some thing you surely can. Solutions available on internet were in thousands and a summary on what all I did to get that working is:-
- Switch off by holding sleep / power button for few seconds and then switch on again.
- Connect to PC and update, which failed as device was not detecting.
- Connect to Mac and then sync with PC, failed as nothing changed.
- Put device in DFU mode and boot using Just Boot from Redsn0w. Failed nothing changed.
- Downgrade or reinstall iOS using iTunes, failed as only new iOS could be installed. However, failed due to error on iTunes.
- Use TinyUmbrella, iFaith, Tinycfw etc etc but nothing worked.
- Finally the solution came from just combining few.
Details of iPad 2:
– iPad 2 with A5 Chip.
– iOS 4.3.3 Jailbroken. (Wanted to preserve iOS 4.3.3 using iFaith / Redsn0w but failed)
Step by Step on How to Correct Stuck on Apple Logo Problem
- Make sure that your iPad 2 is charged and if not then charge for few minutes using wall charger and not PC / Mac USB.
- Download latest version of iTunes on your Windows / Mac system.
- Now attach USB cable to your PC and not the iPad.
- While your iPad 2 is on Apple Logo, press and hold sleep button for few seconds to switch your device off.
- Now press and hold Home button and insert dock connector into you iPad.
- Keep Home button pressed for a while until you notice “Connect to iTunes” screen.
- Now your device will be detected on iTunes.
- As you can see that my iPad 2 was with 4.3.3 which is older version, iTunes asked for updating the iOS, which I accepted. (You have to accept as there is no way out).
- iTunes downloaded latest iOS 5.1.1 and updated my iPad 2.
- On completion of iOS upgrade, the iPad 2 started normally.
It is possible that you may encounter error on iTunes while it upgrade iOS for which you can see this post.On completion of above process, your iPad 2 will start working normal, but remember, now your iPad 2 is not jailbroken, You need to jailbreak your iPad 2 again [Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1]. This procedure has been tested on iPad 2, however, the same procedure is valid for iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4G, 4GS, iPad, iPad 2 and iPod Touch.
Disclaimer: This procedure is although tested and 100% working, however, in case of any damage to your iDevice or data while carrying out this procedure, author of the post will not be held responsible.