With fixing bugs and updating issues reported by developers, Apple is releasing iOS 6 betas for developers use and analysis to find and fix bugs. The latest of this series is iOS 6 Beta 3 released on 17 Jul, hold on there are at-least 3 more to come before the final release.The release of iOS 6 Beta 3 was immediately answered by iPhone Dev Team by releasing Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 for Jailbreaking the latest beta.
Although there is not change in the Jailbreak process but before we proceed to “How to actually Jailbreak” it should be known that iOS 6 Beta 3 can be Jailbroken on iPhone 3GS and 4 and iPod Touch 4G only. One more thing to know is that this Jailbreak is for developers only and will not install Cydia, however, SSH connectivity will be available for other development purposes.
How to Jailbreak for iOS 6 Beta 3 10A5355d
- Step-1: Download iOS 6 Beta 3 from here. [Read: How to Install iOS 6 Beta On iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch]
- Step-2: Download Redsn0w 0.9.13.dev3. To download for Mac click here and for Windows click here.
- Step-3: Install Redsn0w 0.9.13.dev3 downloaded from above link.
- Step-4: Backup your device before proceeding further with iTunes. Download iTunes from apple.
- Step-5: Open Redsn0w (for windows user use “Run as Administrator) installed at step 3 and connect your device to your PC.
- Step-6: Click on “Extras” and then click “Select IPSW”, now select the iOS 6 Beta 3 firmware IPSW file you downloaded at step-1.
- Step-7: After selecting the IPSW file click back button at bottom and then click on “Jailbreak”. Redsn0w will not start Jailbreaking iOS 6 Beta 3 firmware.
- Step-8: When Jailbreaking process on selected IPSW file will end, Redsn0w will take you to a new window with few option buttons on it. Ensure that “install SSH” is selected and press next.
- Step-9: Now your will be asked to prepare your device for DFU mode. Follow the instructions correctly to enter DFU mode.
- Step-10: When you have successfully entered your device into DFU mode, Redsn0w will start Jailbreaking your device. Please do not interrupt during the process and keep your PC running until completed successfully.
Your device is now Jailbroken successfully. Remember that this is a tethered Jailbreak which means you will have to put your device in DFU mode every time you restart your device using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 “Just Boot” option. One more thing to know is that Cydia will not install on this beta release until updated by Cydia developers for use on iOS 6 Beta.
For any trouble during jailbreak process leave your comments and we will answer them as early as possible.