With too many personal and official thing on today’s smart phones it sometimes become unavoidable to place some sort of security on these smart phones to restrict unauthorized access. And when we forget these passwords being too many or for some other reason this security feature becomes a headache as brains today are less used than smart devices. Such an incident may also occur when someone tries to access the device and tries to enter too many wrong passwords and for sure that someone can be your child who wants to play game.
The problem is very common with people having children at homes and have passwords enabled on their iPhones for security or personal reasons. The solution to this issue is not at all difficult but has two different options one enables to use the device back without loss of any data or apps while the other resets the device to its initial state where no installed apps or stored data will be available to the user.
Step-By-Step Guide To Unlock or Recover Disabled iPhone
The two options depends upon following two situations:-
- You have Synced your iPhone with iTunes previously and have a backup.
- You have never Synced your iPhone with iTunes or you do not have the computer you last Synced your iPhone with previously.
These two situations describes as already discussed whether stored data and apps will be available or not. In the succeeding paras we will guide you on how to unlock or recover your iPhone from Disabled state.
- You Synced Your iPhone Previously
- Step-1. Connect your iPhone with the computer you have previously synced your iPhone (iTunes may start automatically or you
- Step-2. Backup your iPhone by right-click the iPhone in the left column in iTunes.
- Step-3. After completing backup, click on Restore.
- Step-4. When Backup has completed, restore your iPhone to the most recent backup you created on your iTunes.
- You Never Synced Your iPhone Or You Do Not Have The Computer You Last Synced With
- Step-1. Switch off your iPhone by pressing and holding Sleep / Wake up button, a slider will appear, now slide to switch off your iPhone. If this fails you can press and hold Sleep / Wake up button along with Home button for a few seconds and your iPhone will switch off.
- Step-2. Now connect data cable to you iPhone and start iTunes on your computer, while keeping the other end disconnected.
- Step-3. Press and hold Home button on your iPhone and insert the other end (disconnected one) of data cable into your iTunes computer.
- Step-4. After a few second you will see “Connect to iTunes” screen on your iPhone.
- Step-5. When the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears, release the Home button on your iPhone.
- Step-6. iTunes will alert you with a notification that iTunes has detected a device in recover Mode.
- Step-7. Click on the alert window OK and then click on Restore to restore your iPhone.
With these simple and easy steps your iPhone can be restores or unlocked. However, it is suggested that whenever you decide to place such password locks on you iPhone, Sync your iPhone regularly with iTunes to avoid such issues.