Usually when we place some password lock, it is because we do not want others to access out devices. But besides placing a password lock is a good feature to avoid unauthorized access to our device it sometimes put us in a trouble as most of the systems have a check feature when someone tries to enter too many wrong passwords the device gets locked. This can even happen when we use locked devices after a long time, or may be children at our homes tries to open it for playing. This is a very common issue and when we do not know the answer on how to get over or get out of such situations the tension is more.
“iPad is Disabled” is a security notification and not a problem which can not be resoled by a common computer user. The notification occurs when someone tries to enter wrong passwords many times or we forget the correct password because of one reason or the other. However, since you have come across to such and event the solution is not that difficult to worry for.
There are two solutions to this problem one leads to access to the device while everything on the device is as it was, whereas the second one leads to loss of all data and installed apps and the device becomes accessible by being at its initial state. Well the first one is more relevant to most the users however, the second becomes compulsion to very few of users who forget or are not bothered to Sync their devices with iTunes. In next few paras we will try to acquit you with the scenarios in which the two options can be utilized with step by step procedures to overcome the troubled situation.
Step-By-Step Guide To Unlock or Recover Disabled iPad
Before we start with the steps you need to ask this question to yourself “Did I sync my iPad with my computer and the sync computer is available?“. And if the answer to any of the part of question is “No” then you should know that you are going to loose everything on your iPad and if the answer is “Yes” to both of the parts of question, then you should cheer up that nothing will be lost and you will be able to reuse your device as normal from the last point of use.
To proceed with the Unlock or Rest procedures follow the headings corresponding the your answer to the question above.
Answer is No – Recovery Mode
Your will have to reset your device and you will loose all your previous data. To rest your device follow these steps:-
- Step-1. Make sure that your iPad is charged.
- Step-2. Now connect your iPad data cable to your iPad and leave the other end disconnected.
- Step-3. Switch off your iPad by pressing and holding Sleep / Wake button for few second unless you see the slider, slide the slide to switch off your iPad. If your iPad does not switch off with this for any reason you can press and hold Sleep / Wake button along with Home button unless your device is switched off.
- Step-4. Now start iTunes on your computer (Desktop/Laptop/Mac) and connect the other end of iPad data cable to your computer while holding Home button. If you come across the screen below, charge your iPad for a while and follow instruction from step-3.
- Step-5. When you see “Connect to iTunes” the screen below, release the Home button pressed and held in step-4.
- Step-6. Now on your iTunes you will be prompted with a message as shown in the picture. Now restore your iPad using iTunes.
Repeat these steps if you do not see the “Connect to iTunes” screen. Remember that by following these steps your iPad will be rested to default and no user data will be available.
Answer Yes – Unlock Mode
When your answer to the question is “Yes” these simple steps will help you unlock your iPad from its disabled mode.
- Step-1. Connect data cable to your iPad leaving other end disconnected.
- Step-2. Start “iTunes” on your last synced computer.
- Step-3. Connect USB port of your iPad data cable to the computer and rest your password.
Now you can use your iPad as normal without loss of any data or application you last stored on your iPad.