Jailbreaking iOS 6 Beta 3 has already been posted earlier by many developers using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3. Installing Cydia had been unsuccessful due to its compatibility with iOS 6. Cydia has been recompiled by @WyndWarrior, also known as Andrew Liu for iOS 6 compatibility. To install Cydia on iOS 6 Beta you need to first jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3. After Jailbreaking your device follow these instructions to install iOS 6 compatible Cydia, however, keep in mind that not all the tweaks offered by Cydia will work on iOS 6 Beta as they need to be updated.
Steps to install Cydia on iOS 6 Beta 3
Step 1: Jailbreak your device using Redsn0w 0.9.13.dev3.
Step 2: Download and install SSH client on your Mac or Windows PC. For Mac you can use Coda and for Windows you can use Putty.
Step 3: Connect SSH Client with your device using device IP address on Port “22” with “root” as username and “alpine” as password. To get IP address of your device follow these steps:-
– Open your device settings.
– Go to WiFi.
– Select Connected Network Name.
– Use IP Address mentioned for SSH Client Connection.
Step 4: When your SSH client has connected successfully to your device copy and paste this command to SSH Command Line:-
get -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall
Step 5: After copy paste above command to SSH Command Line press enter and Cydia will start installing on your device.
Step 6: On successful completion of step 5, Cydia icon will appear on your home screen, however, if Cydia icon is not available on your home screen you need to restart your device. Remember that iOS 6 Beta Jailbreak is a tethered one therefore, you need to reboot your device using Redsn0w Extra Option “Just Boot” / “Tethered Boot”.
Step 6: Now click on Cydia icon on yuor home screen and wait for it to configure its files. Cydia is now running on your device, Enjoy.
For those having trouble in getting SSH client connected to their devices follow these steps to get connected:-
– Make sure that you have Jailbroken your device using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev3.
– Open Redsn0w and connect your device.
– Go to Extras and select iOS 6 Beta 3 ipsw file you downloaded for firmware upgrade.
– Jailbreak your device using first option which will only update files and install SSH.
– Now close and reopen Redsn0w.
– Go to Extras and select the ipsw file again.
– Do the tethered boot.
– Now connect your SSH Client to install Cydia.