Apple iPhone 5c and 5s came with inbuilt new iOS 7 operating system, however, the older versions iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 5g have previous versions installed. Now it depends on user that till which limit the device was updated. Generally once the new iOS is released there is a tendency to upgrade the devices on same day. Some people wait for the bugs to be removed and then they upgrade. It is interesting to note that there is a good quantity of users who wait for Untethered Jailbreak of new iOS to arrive. Thus once the Jailbreak is released, again a lot of users update their particular devices.
Why do iTunes Occur
As the devices are upgraded the uncommon iTunes Errors also come up which create problems for users. There is a long list of iTunes errors and we know it’s the most irritating thing to take place especially when you are looking forward to a new interface but instead of that you face iTunes Error with some code. With the passage of time new iTunes Error codes are coming up but there’s no need to be worried because there is a solution to every problem.
iTunes Error 4013/4014
Here we are going to address the two important iTunes Errors i.e 4013 and 4014 which come up when you try to upgrade your device to iOS 7. It means less, iPhone 5c, 5s and iPad Air almost all the users are prone to this error whenever they try to upgrade their devices. Mostly iTunes Error 4013 and 4014 is seen on iPhone.
Causes of iTunes Error 4013/4014
iTunes errors 4013 and 4014 are hardware errors which are mostly seen due to faulty cable or faulty port. In other words the error is actually due to problems in connectivity between you PC / Mac and iDevice. When you connect the iPhone with computer, you would have noticed that the device was recognized by the computer and there seem to be no loss of connection apparently but there are some faulty cables that hinder the transfer of data means there is something fishy down the line.
Prerequisites to Perform smooth Upgrade on iOS 7
1. You must have at least 3 GB of free space on your device in order to carryout the smooth upgrade to iOS 7 otherwise it will create a lot of problems including these errors. Its better to restore you data back up before starting upgrade.
2. You must have the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac if you want to do a smooth upgrade.
3. Recharge the battery of your iPhone or iPad before starting.
Fix iTunes Error 4013 and 4014
This can be fixed with two simple steps initially steps:
1. Change the USB port on computer.
2. Change the cable connection iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch with the new one.
3. If none of the above works, try to change the computer on which you have to Jailbreak the device.
Now Follow the steps given below:
- Make a full backup of your device through iTunes and iCloud.
- Disconnect your iPhone from the PC and close iTunes. Place into DFU Mode (Hold down Power and Home buttons together for about 10 seconds, release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button until you see a recovery message on iTunes) and, when the screen goes blank, reconnect to iTunes and open it.
- Click on Recover and let iTunes to restore your iPhone as a new device.
- Now you should upgrade to iOS 7 via iTunes but it must be done before restoring backup.
Also remember to clear up as many apps as possible after the upgrade is complete to clear out space.
We have already addressed a large number of iTunes errors. Some of the most common iTunes errors are listed below:
- How to Fix iTunes Error 14
- Fix iTunes Error 1394 During Restore, Upgrade or Downgrade iOS
- Fix iTunes Error 3194 When Updating or Restoring iOS