Many of us frequently come across iTunes error and when these errors popup we feel so upset because we spend lot of time in downloading the update / upgrade or syncing our iPhones, iPads or iPods. The errors in iTunes are very common and definitely there is always some very small and unknown issues behind the error. We have discussed about many other error earlier like iTunes error 2005, iTunes error 1394, iTunes error 11 and many others. However, today we will talk about iTunes error 14.
iTunes error 14 is not a very common error if you have a good Internet connection and you did not download the update / upgrade file from other sources than Apple. iTunes error 14 usually pops up when we try to upgrade our iPhone, iPad or ipod Touch iOS version to 5.0 and above. The error shows up like below:-
iTunes error 14 comes when there is some problem with the .ipsw file we have downloaded or copied from some other location for burning on to our iPhone, iPad or iPod. The error as shown above can also appear while restoring or iPhone, iPad or iPod. Although like all other iTunes error this error also seems to be a big one, however, this error is not that difficult to resolve. The error related to the corruption of ipsw file and can be resolved by following steps given below.
How to Fix iTunes Error 14
The solution is simple and easy. you just need to delete the previously downloaded update / upgrade file (iOS firmware file with .ipsw file extension). To resolve the error follow these steps:-
- Close iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC / Laptop
- Delete the ipsw file download previously. The downloaded ipsw file is located at following locations depending upon your computer OS. For iPhone
- Windows XP: System Drive:/Documents and Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
- Windows 7: System Drive:/Users/Your Username/App Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
For iPod and iPad
- Windows XP: System Drive:/Documents and Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates 0r iPad Software Updates
- Windows 7: System Drive:/Users/Your Username/App Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates 0r iPad Software Updates
- Now restart iTunes and download the update / upgrade file again.
- Update / Upgrade using iTunes update / upgrade button.
If you still face the same error restart your PC / Mac. These steps can be followed for any iOS version for resolving iTunes error 14.