Many users have seen the irritating “Failed to fetch” error Cydia demonstrates for quite some time even after the launch of new updated Cydia v 1.0.1. It can seem out of no where and create lots of disillusionment and that is the very reason that you decided to Jailbreak the device in the very first place just as you try to judge your iDevice.
The most common errors among the new Cydia version which the users will normally facing is definitely the error that shows “Failed to fetch […] HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found.” This is actually common 404 message that people get when they visit a page which does not exist anymore. It always feels annoying and unpleasant to the every user. Another related big problem with this is that it leads to an error which show up in the Cydia every time when people refresh the list of Cydia’s packages and it tries to fetch data for a non-existent repo named “UltraSn0w.”
We can help you to fix this error in a simple accurate way. Follow the below given steps to fix “Failed to Fetch” in Cydia.
How to Fix “Failed to Fetch” Error in Cydia:
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Manage
- Tap on Sources
- Tap the edit button at the upper right hand corner of the screen and then tap the red minus sign next to Dev Team and delete the Dev Team UltraSn0w repo.
- Now tap on the Delete button to remove the repo.
- This is the repo that has the non-existent Ultrasn0w tweak (used for unlocking). When you remove it, Cydia stops checking this repo or trying to access it every time it refreshes the package.
- Once done, restart Cydia and refresh the packages. Errors shouldn’t crop up now.
As on writing this, since this is a new firmware and a new Jailbreak – without a few totally compatible Cydia packages like Mobile Substrate – you might also encounter other errors during run-time/installation.
And if you need access to Ultrasn0w, adding repository is quite easy and simple.
- Again tap over Manage
- Then tap on Sources
- Tap on ‘Edit’ button
- Then Add repository [How to Add New Cydia Repo]
- Finally tap on Done