If you are the one who has upgraded the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5 to the latest beta version of iOS 7, it means you must have seen the message, ‘Devices updated to iOS beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS.’ This is a warning from Apple’s side and I am sure that first time upgrade just after the launch of first beta version is a difficult decision especially if you know that there might be no way back.
Otherwise, the interesting to note that downgrade from latest iOS version to the previous one is possible. This can be a caution instead of warning as the downgrade is possible at some times while in few cases downgrade was not possible also. In case of iOS 6 downgrade was also possible. If you are among those developer who has unfortunately for some reason decided to roll back to iOS 6.1.3 or iOS 6.1.3, the good news for you is that you can do it in few simple steps. The process of downgrade is a very simple one and doesn’t include any rocket science.Even if you are not experienced, you can downgrade your devices.
Important Note: Downgrade back to iOS 6.1.2 from iOS 7 beta is not possible on devices like iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPod Touch 5 while downgrade to iOS 6.1.2 is possible for iPhone 4 users, provided they have saved SHSH blobs +APtickets for iOS 6.1.2 or below versions.
Steps to Downgrade iOS 7 Beta to iOS 6
1. Download iOS 6.1.4 for iPhone 5 and if you have other devices download iOS 6.1.3 from the following links:
- iPhone 5 GSM (iOS 6.1.4)
- iPhone 5 CDMA (iOS 6.1.4)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPod Touch 5
2. Download the latest version of iTunes from here.
3. Connect your respective device to PC or Mac.
4. Open iTunes, select your device from the pane.
5. On main screen of iTunes, you would see two buttons; one is Check for Updates and the other one is Restore iPhone. If you are on Windows, hold left Shift key on your keyboard and at the same time click on Restore iPhone and if you are on Mac OS X, then hold down the Alt key.
6. This would take you to a new pop-up window.
7. Point it towards the IPSW file previously downloaded for the respective device followed by click on Restore.
8. Just wait and watch as your device restores back to iOS 6.1.3 successfully.
Now you must have noticed that this was a very simple and easy process to follow and it doesn’t require you to be a professional in order to complete this downgrade successfully.